Lost your Master Password
Password Boss does not store a copy of your Master Password, nor do we have the ability to reset it. If you have forgotten your Master Password typically it means that your account has to be rest and you start over. any data you have stored in Password Boss will be permanently deleted and cannot be recovered.
Tips to remember your Master Password
- Password was at least 8 characters
- Master Passwords must contain letters, number, upper case and symbols
- Was the password a phrase?
- Did you use family member names or important dates?
- Did you write down the password and store it somewhere?
- Did you use the sharing feature of Password Boss to share the master password with a trusted family member or contact?
Recently changed your Master Password?
If you changed your Master Password within the last 14 days we may have the ability to restore your account to the previous Master Password. this feature is only available if you have backups enabled for your account.
Any changes made since your Master Password was changed will be lost.
Steps to restore your account
- From the Password Boss application login window, click on the “Forgot your password” link.
- On the window that appears, click on the “Changed your master password?” link.
- Click the “Get code” button.
- You will now need to log into your Password Boss Portal account – if you don’t have a Password Boss Portal account, you will need to create one. Note: Your Password Boss portal account is not the same as the account you used to log into the Password Boss App. This is a Portal-only account that does not have any access to any data stored in your Password Boss account.
- Log into the Password Boss Portal and from the left menu choose “My Account”.
- Click the “Restore Account” button.
- Click on the “Submit” button to check is restore account is available for your Password Boss account.
- If restore account is available, an email will be sent to you with a verification code. If restore account is not available, you will receive a message on the screen letting you know this is not an option for your account.
- When you receive the email with the verification code, go to the Password Boss application login screen and click on the “Forgot your password” link.
- On the next window, click on the “Changed your Master Password?” link.
- Click on the “I have my code” button.
- Enter the verification code from the email you received and click “Next”.
- In a few minutes you will be able to log into Password Boss using your previous Master Password.
Any changes made in your Password Boss account since your password was changed will be lost when your account is restored.
Deleting your account and starting over
If you have tried all of the suggestions above and you still cannot remember your Master Password the only option left is to delete your account and start over. If you would like to have your account deleted so that you can create a new version of your account using your same email address, you will need to open a support ticket.