Lost your Master Password
Password Boss does not store a copy of your Master Password, nor do we have the ability to reset it. If you have forgotten your Master Password typically it means that your account has to be reset and you need to start over. Any data you have stored in Password Boss will be permanently deleted and cannot be recovered.
Tips to remember your Master Password
- Password was at least 8 characters
- Master Passwords must contain letters, number, upper case and symbols
- Was the password a phrase?
- Did you use family member names or important dates?
- Did you write down the password and store it somewhere?
- Did you use the sharing feature of Password Boss to share the master password with a trusted family member or contact?
Recently changed your Master Password?
If you changed your Master Password within the last 14 days we may have the ability to restore your account to the previous Master Password. this feature is only available if you have backups enabled for your account.
Any changes made since your Master Password was changed will be lost.
Steps to restore your account
- Login to you portal account. If you do not have a portal account, create one first.
- In the portal click My Account and go to the section, Restore Your Account
- Click the “Restore My Account” button.
- A verification code will be sent to your email address to confirm your identity.
- Enter the verification code on the portal and click Verify.
- Your account will now be restored to your previous Master Password.
- You can now login to your Password Boss account using your previous Master Password.
- You will be prompted to enter a verification code to confirm your device on your account. The verification code will be sent to your email address.
- Enter the verification code and you will be into your account.
- Your previous Master Password is now your current Master Password.
Any changes made in your Password Boss account since your password was changed will be lost when your account is restored.
Deleting your account and starting over
If you have tried all of the suggestions above and you still cannot remember your Master Password the only option left is to delete your account and start over.