Importing passwords from your browsers
You can import passwords that are stored in your browser directly into Password Boss.
Firefox, Internet Explorer, Opera, and Edge.
How to import passwords from your browser
- Open Password Boss.
- In the menu at the top of the window, click File > Import passwords > From Browser.
- In the popup window, click the drop-down arrow and select the browser containing passwords that you want to import. Note: Only older passwords can be imported from Chrome directly. For a complete import of passwords stored in Chrome please see this article.
- Click the Next button to see a list of all passwords saved in the browser.
- In the next window, each password has a check in the box. Uncheck any passwords that you do not want to import.
- Click the Import button to import the passwords from this browser.
Before clicking the Import button, we recommend that you click the Update URL during import box to update all imported password items with the actual login URL of the website (instead of whatever is saved in the browser).
Check the Select All box to select all passwords. Uncheck the box to deselect all passwords.