Saving new website passwords
Website passwords can be added either directly in the password boss app, or from your web browser.
Password Boss can automatically save passwords as you type them in on websites. Make sure you have the browser button installed - the instructions are here.
Saving website passwords from your browser
- Open your web browser and make sure you see the Password Boss browser button to the right of the address bar. Look for the green owl. In Safari you will see a grey owl to the left of the address bar.
- Go to the login page for the website.
- Click into the Username field. Password Boss will ask you what you want to do. Choose Save login for this site.
- The next screen is where you enter you account details for this website. The Name field will default to the domain of the site you are on but this can be changed to anything you like. Any email addresses that you have saved in the Personal Info section of Password Boss will show up in the Username / Email address section. You can choose from the list or enter in a new username. You can choose a folder for the new password. Click Save when done.
- You will be returned to the website and the username and password will be filled in for you.
- The next time you visit this website when you click in the username field you will see the saved password, and if you select the saved password you will be automatically logged into the website.
On website where you do not have the password saved in Password Boss you can also just type the username and password into the website and Password Boss will ask you if you want to save the new password.
Supported browsers include the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Opera and Internet Explorer.
Saving website passwords while in the Password Boss App
- Open Password Boss.
- Go to the Password section of the app.
- Click on the orange circle to add a new password .
- For websites be sure to select Website.
- The Add Website screen will open. The URL should be the URL to the login page for the website if possible. The Name field is how the new password will appear in Password Boss. you can choose a folder for the new password. Enter your username and password for the website. Clicking Add Note will open a text field where you can save a note as part of the password.
- Click Save when you are finished.
Password Boss collects logos for many popular website. If a logo is available for your website the logo will be shown with your password. If no logo is available then you can select a color for the saved password by clicking the Choose icon color button.