Remove team items when users are removed
All Password Boss Business users have separate profiles in their accounts. One of the profiles is for the team and one is for the individual users. This policy allows an administrator to remove the team profile and any items stored in the profile when a user is removed from the team.
There is an important distinction here between removed and deleted users. Removing a user from your team account allows the user to keep using Password Boss as an individual account. Deleting a user will delete the entire user account and ALL data stored in the user account.
- The default value is OFF
- When this policy is ON, when users are removed from the team account via the portal, any items in the team profile in their account will be deleted as their account is removed.
- When this policy is OFF, when users are removed from the team account via the portal, any items in the team profile in their account will remain in their personal account.
Note: this policy can work together with the Force team items into team profile policy.
We recommend enabling this policy along with the Force team items into team profile policy.
Detailed usage notes for shared items
Items that are either shared by, or shared with, a team member at the time they are removed from your team will follow these rules:
- For any items saved in the team profile for the user that is leaving, where the items are shared with other team members with Owner permissions, the other Owner recipients will retain the shared items.
- For any items saved in the team profile for the user that is leaving, where the items are shared with Editor permissions, the shared items will be deleted from the team member and all recipients.
- Any shared items that the user has received with Owner permissions, where the items are stored in the user's personal profile, will not be removed from the team members account. See Force team items into team profile for instructions how you can avoid this scenario.
This policy is available to all accounts with a paid or trial business subscription.