Deploying the browser extension with Group Policy
If your network uses Active Directory Group Policies, you can deploy the Password Boss browser button for Chrome quickly to all of your users.
- Download the Chrome ADM/ADMX Templates from Google.
- Create the Central Store for Managing Group Policy Administrative Templates in Windows
- Copy the language specific ADMX directory from the extracted zip from google and place the directory in the PolicyDefinitions directory you created in step 1. The directory should look like this
Creating the GPO
- Open Group Policy Management.
- Right-click the OU that contains the users that you want to install the extension for and choose Create a GPO in this domain, and Link it here...
- Enter a name for the GPO like Install Password Boss Chrome Extension and click OK.
- The new GPO will be listed on the Linked Group Policy Objects Tab. Right-click the policy and click Edit.
- Expand User Configuration->Policies->Classic Administrative Templates->Google->Google Chrome->Extensions
- Right-click and select Edit for Configure the list of force-installed apps and extensions
- Click Enabled
- Click Show
- Enter this value in the Value column fdfemjpbhpcjeadhbblfifdldedefnhe;https://clients2.google.com/service/update2/crx
- Click OK
- Click OK
- The policy is now configured and on the next policy refresh the user should have the Password Boss extension installed