Recovering items with the Backup File Viewer
If you have enabled the security policy Backup all team profile items, you can view and export the contents of the backup file with the Backup File Viewer app.
Download the Backup File Viewer App
- Login to the portal
- On the left menu click Backups
- In the top of the page is a link to Download the Backup File Viewer app
- Install the app
Download Backup Files
- In the portal, click the Backups option on the left menu
- Find the user whose backup files you need
- Click the arrow to expand the list of backup files. The available backup files are shown based on a time range. The newest backup files appear first. If you need an older backup click the Show more button until you find the file you need.
- Click the blue download icon to download each file you need
Opening Backup Files
- Open the Backup File Viewer App
- From the file menu choose Open
- Paste the private key that you received when you enabled the backup security policy
- Click the 3-dots button to locate the backup file you want to open
- Click Open. Each file you have open will open in a separate tab.
- You can now select any of the saved items on the left column and see the details on the right side of the screen.
Exporting Backup Data
- With the backup file open, click the File menu and select Export active file.
- Choose a name and location and save the file.
- the export will be an unencrypted JSON file. Remember to delete this file when you are done with it.
Importing the CSV into Password Boss
- Open Password Boss.
- From the File menu choose Import passwords -> From File -> JSON.
- Choose the JSON file you just saved .
- Select Open.
- Select Next.
- Select all of the items you want to import.
- Select Import.
- All of the imported items will be imported.