Use Password Boss as an authenticator for for sites with 2-factor authentication
Password Boss can save and provide easy access to to your one-time passwords for sites where you have enabled 2-factor authentication (2FA).
Setup two-factor authentication for a website
- Login to the website where you will be setting up 2-factor authentication.
- When prompted with a QR code or a secret code, copy the secret code.
- Open your saved password in Password Boss.
- Paste the code from the website in the One-Time Password (2FA) field and click Save next to the field.
- You will now see the one-time password.
- Click Save.
- Open Password Boss.
- Tap the saved password for the website and tap the Edit button.
- Tap the camera icon in the One-time Password (2FA) field.
- Scan the QR code from the website. If you are unable to scan the QR code you can copy and paste the secret code provided by the website into Password Boss.
- Tap Save.
Creating 8-digit one-time passwords
Most websites use 6 digit one-time passwords, but some sites require 8-digit one-time passwords. With Password Boss you can easily create 8-digit code.
To create 8-digit codes all you need to do is append &digits=8 to the end of the secret code provided by the website. You can edit the secret code saved in Password Boss by choosing the Edit option.